Personal Protective Equipment - FFP2
- This Personal Protective Equipment ensures the protection of the facial entry ways (mouth, nose and respiratory tract) against particles, droplets and aerosols, mold, fungi among others, in activities such as: carpentry, earthmoving, grinding, sanding, sawing, bagging or processing of minerals, iron ore, coal, flour, metal, wood, pollen, water-based spray paint, medical procedures (health professionals and patients), etc.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
- Do not use with beard or other facial hair as it does not allow the mask to seal properly;
- This product does not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen;
- Do not modify, wash, or improperly use this equipment;
- Do not use when concentrations of contaminants are dangerous to life and health;
- Half masks can help protect your lungs from certain airborne contaminants. They will not prevent entry through other routes such as the skin;
- These semi masks are designed for professional use by adults who are properly trained for this purpose; improper use may result in injury or death;
- Not intended for use by children;
- Persons with compromised respiratory system should consult a medical evaluation before use;
- These products do not protect against gases and vapours, oil aerosols, asbestos or sandblasting;
- This product can help reduce inhalation exposure to certain airborne biological particles (e.g., fungi, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc.), but does not eliminate the risk of contracting infection or disease.
- The useful life of the product is variable. It should be discarded when it is wet, damaged, punctured, with loose or damaged elastics, when the user's breathing becomes difficult, when contaminated by blood or other body fluids, or if there are deformations in the physical structure that damage the face seal. Otherwise, it can be stored and reused according to hospital infection control standards. When the equipment is contaminated with blood or other body fluids, when it is used in surgical procedures or in the care of patients with contact transmitted pathologies, it is recommended to discard the product immediately after its use.
- Do not perform any repairs or maintenance on the equipment.
CHECKING, ADJUSTMENT AND USE
- Before using the equipment make sure your hands are clean;
- Before use, inspect the product to ensure it is undamaged;
- Follow these next steps for proper use:
IMPORTANT - follow the illustrations in this Instruction Manual
1) After washing your hands, round the crease of the nose clip with your finger and hold the mask by the elastic bands.
2) Place the mask on your face, positioning the nose clip upwards.
3) Fit the elastic bands to your ears.
4) Fit the top of the mask to the top of your nasal bone by moulding the clip to your nasal bone. For the best face seal, the mask should be as upright as possible.
5) Test the mask seal before each use: Place both hands completely over the mask and exhale forcefully, taking care not to pull it out of its original position. If air is leaking around your nose, readjust the nose clip as described in step 4. If air is leaking around the edges of the mask, reposition the ear elastics and readjust the mask according to steps 2 and 3. If a proper fit and seal cannot be achieved, DO NOT enter the contaminated or treatment area.
- Store in an environment protected from moisture, dust, heat, direct sunlight, fluorescent light and in a place with a temperature between 0 °C and 40 °C.
- The shelf life of the equipment is two years from the date of production (available on the packaging).