Managing and fostering innovation to convert groundbreaking basic research into advanced processes, leading to innovative products and helping industry and society prepare for the future.
CSEMs mission is to develop and transfer world-class (micro) technologies to the industrial sector—Switzerland being our priority—in order to reinforce the sectors competitive advantage. We do this by:
- Making cooperation agreements with established companies
- Encouraging the creation of start-ups
CSEM strives to be the Swiss cornerstone of innovation and technology transfer in micro-engineering and digital deep tech.
- Maintaining industrial (manufacturing) activity in Switzerland is essential to the countrys future prosperity and stability. But Swiss labor costs are comparatively high.
- Innovation is the only proven path to successfully managing these overall situation. Innovation, however, suffers from a bottleneck: technology transfer. And this is particularly true in an SME-driven economy.
- This is why we strive to facilitate and even to accelerate the technology transfer process, employing outstanding CSEM technologies that make the difference in the digital world.