VTT is your One-Stop-Shop R&D partner for Lab-on-Chip Diagnostics
and Wearable Technology
applications, from early concept development to mass-manufacturing upscaling. With our unique pilot manufacturing infrastructure
and long history in printed electronics, biosensors, wireless communication and material science, we develop tailored solutions for your technology needs.Lab-on-Chip Diagnostics
Our R&D activities focus on developing and optimizing processes for highly integrated and scalable manufacturing of lab-on-chip devices. We offer solutions in:
- Tailored recombinant antibodies for diagnostics and analytics.
- Assay development for microfluidics and LFA.
- Printed electronics enabled next generation diagnostic devices.
- Upscaling and roll-to-roll (R2R) pilot manufacturing of microfluidic devices on several substrates (foil, paper, PDMS).
- Printed sensors and indicators.
- Custom instrumentation and reader development.
Our combined expertise in materials technology, printed & hybrid electronics, wireless communication, biosensors and upscaling process development enable next generation wearable devices and smart patches. We offer our expertise in the following R&D topics:
- Concept design, prototyping and pilot manufacturing of wearable devices and smart patches.
- Strong R&D background in materials (substrates, adhesives, sensors, interconnects, power) and processes (printing, flexible electronics, assembly, encapsulation, biomolecule printing, sample handling).
- Sensing technologies, readout electronics and wireless communication.
- Hybrid integration of silicon IC and printed parts on stretchable and flexible substrates.
- Manufacturing on sustainable materials (biodegradable and/or bio-based substrate materials) and use of sustainable manufacturing processes.