develops Always gms
, first working enzyme-free CGMS.
Based on excellent stability of platinum, our new CGMS product is addressing drawbacks of existing enzyme-based CGMS. Always gms
- uses nanoporous platinum instead of glucose sensitive enzyme, to measure glucose level.
- is superior in terms of tolerance for degeneration by chemical/physical changes
- has longer life span (> 1 month), compared to existing enzymatic sensors (< 14 days).
- is favorable for mass production since quality control of nanoporous platinum electrodes should be easier than that of enzyme electrodes.
- eliminates acetaminophen interference with lower sensor operating voltage.
- is not affected by in-vivo oxygen concentration, which makes its output much more reliable and stable.
in place of enzyme
- amplifies glucose signal in linear to its nano-scale roughness.
- is mechanically and chemically stable and prolongs the CGMS shelf life.
- can be easily regenerated by electrochemical cleaning.
- allows complete sterilization processes.
- Thus, is the only candidate material for nearly perpetual implantable CGMS.