LSO Medical launches the LUMESEAL, First platform in the world integrating Snakeback® technology !
LSO R&D Team is proud to announce the completion of its development work on its new laser platform: LUMESEALThe LUMESEAL is the world first laser platform to integrate the Snakeback® technology.
The Snakeback® technology, developed and patented in 2018 by the company LSO Medical, is a Plug&Treat Operating Room designed system, to perfectly standardize and assist Physicians during EVLT procedure.
Thanks to its unique conception, the SnakeBack® technology ensures an automatic removal of the catheter, without the need for catheter tension or device alignment with the leg to be treated. The patented technology SnakeBack module appears as the next generation of the actual pull-back devices, bypassing their constraints.
The integration of this technology on the LUMESEAL platform has made it possible to consider and develop new technical specifications, simplifying and optimizing current procedures.
Surpassing human performance in its control of speeds and movements, but also in movement / delivery synchronization, LUMESEAL must also make it possible to make a major contribution to scientific work in the field, and become a must. On the one hand, it makes it possible to overcome the variability of the operator, but also to make a direct correlation between the recording of the energy delivery profile carried out along the vein, and the result of the intervention.
On the other hand, it also makes possible the study of new operating protocols, hitherto impossible by manual removal.The Endotherme™ 1470 laser & Ringlight® radial Fibers
Resulting from a great technological outcome, LSO Medical proposes the Endotherme™ 1470 & its Ringlight® fibers, which guarantee at the same time:
- optimal efficacy,
- long-term occlusion rate
- optimized post-operative comfort
The Ringlight® fiber emits a radial emission that leads to a homogenous destruction of the vein wall.
Thanks to the design of its tip, the Ringlight® fiber allows a safe introduction of the fiber into the vein to treat.
The LSO Medical's Endotherme™ 1470 laser offers 2 exclusive features:
According to current international recommendations, both the Endotherme™ 1470 and Lumeseal offer a 1470 nm wavelength with radial firing fibers.
- Back Reflection : this exclusive asset allows to detect a potential variation of the signal emitted during the laser treatment. For each procedure and each fiber, the "Back Reflection" system guarantees the efficiency and safety of the laser shot. it also allows immediate detection of a potential drop in laser power, without having to wait for annual maintenance, guaranteeing the correct functioning of the Laser in the long run.
- Smartcart : offers traceability for every procedure, all treatment data (power, LEED, energy delivered, etc.) are automatically saved on the smartcard. These data can be downloaded and saved on the computer using a card reader and a program provided by LSO Medical
EndoVenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) : A cutting-edge technology to treat varicose veins
The endovenous laser is integrated into the management of chronic venous insufficiency, by treating varicose veins. These varicose veins treatment is a mini-invasive and ambulatory procedure, performed under echo-guidance based on endovenous thermo-occlusion.
Endovenous laser treatment is based on a thermal effect, which occurs onto the vein wall. The thermal effect is induced by the light (wavelength 1470 nm), leading to parietal modifications, causing the occlusion of the incompetent saphenous vein:
- alteration of the endothelium
- contraction of the collagen
The vein fibrosis is instantly visible under echo-guidance, and the complete and long-term occlusion occurs within weeks. EndoVenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) indications
EndoVenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) allow physicians to treat every incompetent vein:
- Great Saphenous veins
- Small saphenous veins
- Perforating veins
- Accessory veins
- Veins with diameter from 4 mm, up to 20 mm