SAFETY LANCETS are single-use devices for capillary blood sampling dedicated to healthcare professionals. They are an integral component to the sharps-injury prevention programs in hospitals, clinics, laboratories, doctors offices and wherever both patients and professionals need to feel safe.
While exposure to bloodborne pathogens is one of the most deadly hazards that nurses face on a daily basis, it is also one of the most preventable. Over 80% of needlestick injuries can be prevented with the use of safer needle devices (CDC, 1997), which, in conjunction with worker education and work practice controls, can reduce injuries by over 90% (Jagger, 1996).
• All needles are gamma-sterilized and protected with a safety cap
• Fully enclosed needle housing ensuring that the needle is hidden before and after use to prevent sharps injuries
• Auto-disabling mechanism preventing reuse of the device
• Silicone-coated, ultra-sharp needles, ideally positioned during skin penetration
• Various, color-coded product versions to meet specific blood sample applications and address the variety of patient skin types
• Wide range of designs providing simple, comfortable and secure puncture
• Easy to handle, intuitive activation in 2 steps only with no pre-loading, for both push button and contact activations
• Wide and long safety cap for easy removal – simply twist and pull to remove the safety cap
• Precise designs for convenient finger positioning and ideal blood sample collection