Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-1 IGFBP-1
The premature rupture of membranes or Prom is relatively frequent and concerns 5 to 10 % of pregnancy cases. It might lead to preterm delivery and fetal infection. The leakage of amniotic liquid is not always detectable by conventional clinical examination and confirmatory biological test is sometimes useful. Biological tests are based on vaginal detection of alkalinization (easy to proceed, sensitive, inexpensive but poorly specific) or presence of a molecule which is physiologically present in high concentration in amniotic fluid (diamine oxidase, alpha fetal protein, fibronectin, IGFBP-1).
- Intend use: Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) qualitative test is a double antibody sandwich immuno colloidal gold chromatographic technique designed for the rapid determination of Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) in women cervical vaginal secretions.
- High sensitivity, as few as 1μL amniotic fluid
- No interference to blood, urine, or cervical mucus
- Rapid test results within 5 minutes
- Easy to interpret, no need for instrumentation
- 24 months shelf life
- Test kits should be stored at 4℃-30℃. Do not freeze.
Allow the tests, swabs and controls to reach room temperature (15-30oC) prior to testing. Do not open the package until ready to perform the assay.
(1) Put the swab into the vagina about 5~7cm for 15~20s.
(2) Open the cap of the buffer and put the swab into the buffer tube immediately.
(3) Mix the solution by rotating the swab forcefully against the side of the tube at least 10s. Best results are obtained when the specimen is vigorously extracted in the solution. Extract as much liquid as possible from the swab, squeezing the sides of the buffer tube as the swab is withdrawn. Discard the swab and replace the dropper cap.
(4) Place the Midstream IGFBP-1 on a flat surface. Open the top small cap of the Buffer bottle, dispense exactly 3 drops or 150μl from the buffer tubeinto the quadrate window at the tailside of the pink arrow.
(5) Read the results at 5 minutes.