OKCEL® - oxidized cellulose based haemostats
Products of textile forms are professional haemostats designed to control internal bleeding during a wide range of surgical procedures, including minimally invasive procedures. These products are classified as a medical device of class III and are certified with CE mark, they fully comply with USP parameters. Haemostasis is achieved within 1,5 minutes in average, the product is perfectly accepted by organism and absorbed within 14 days. Thanks to protection against infection, OKCEL® products help with the tissue regeneration and thus enhance the healing effect. The textile form is produced by selective oxidation of high quality extra long staple cotton and thanks to this natural origin, OKCEL® products do not cause allergic reactions. OKCEL® haemostats are packed in a sealed primary and secondary package which provides an outstanding resistance to microbial penetration and superior protection over a whole shelf life period.
The powder product is a component for manufacturing final haemostats in a form of spray or films that are used to stop bleeding, particularly in first aid situations to treat small cuts, abrasions and scrapes.
Key OKCEL® products parameters:
• Biodegradable, bioresorbable and biocompatible professional haemostats
• Usage in capillary, venous and arteriolar bleeding
• Produced from extra-long staple cotton of the finest quality - 100% natural material
• Do not cause allergic reactions
• Stop bleeding within 1,5 minutes in average
• Resorbable within 14 days
• Antimicrobial effect
• Easy (re)positioning on the tissue
• Easy handling
• Outstanding protection of the used packaging against microbial penetration
• Wide portfolio range (available in various sizes and shapes)