FlexiCoat for Diagnostic Device Coatings
FlexiCoat is a full coating solution for the application of medical diagnostic device coatings. A fully automated, programmable standalone system with coordinated XYZ motion control, it is a versatile system for mid to high-volume or pilot scale production thin film coatings.
Point-of-care, in-vitro, and laboratory diagnostic device coating advances have led to increased need for precision coatings of active and non-active layers in manufacturing these devices. Ultrasonic nozzles can spray in any direction, coating targeted areas, complex 3 dimensional-shaped devices, and small components uniformly with very little overspray. Ultrasonic spray coatings are highly controllable, offering very high transfer efficiency for precise thin films of solutions or suspensions such as biopolymers, proteins, EDTA, Heparin, amino acids, enzymes, blood plasma and preservatives.
Some examples of devices and applications that can benefit from ultrasonic spray technology:
· Reagent coatings onto microfluidic and microarray devices (lab-on-a-chip).
· Point-of-care diagnostic and testing kits.
· Cell culture vessels.
· Blood glucose monitors.
· Blood collection and analysis devices.
· Molecular and protein diagnostic kits.
· Immunoassay kits.
· Process benefits using ultrasonic coating technology:
· Reduced wasteful overspray.
· Non-clogging design results in minimal servicing and downtime.
· Highly controllable spray produces reliable, repeatable, consistent results.
· Ability to spray ultra-thin, defined lines, often without masking.
· Soft velocity spray has little kinetic energy and will not damage or alter most delicate