C-Eye® PRO is a medical product, which uses eye-tracking technology.
On an international scale, it is the only tool that helps medical professionals assess the state of consciousness and to rehabilitate patients suffering from various neurological disorders. The system uses the CyberEye Method designed at the Gdańsk University of Technology.It is a method which brings benefits to the patients and their therapists.
Therapists who use the C-Eye® PRO system can assess the condition of patients with neurological and developmental disorders, establish contact with them, and start rehabilitation according to their needs. Diagnostic and therapeutic sessions involve the patient performing special tasks, using their eyes. The tasks are displayed as various pictures on the screen. It is possible to examine and then stimulate particular centres in the central nervous system responsible for sight, hearing and cognitive functions.Many professionals can use the device successfully in their work.
The C-Eye® PRO version is designed primarily for health care centres, such as hospitals, nursing homes, hospices, doctors and therapists (speech therapists, psychologists and trained caregivers). Wherever visual contact with patients is possible. The C-Eye® PRO system consists of the following parts: Patient condition assessment module, neurorehabilitation module, and communication and entertainment module.
Using the assessment module allows one to examine the senses responsible for communication, as well as to verify the patients cognitive functions and emotional state. The neurorehabilitation module is used to stimulate language, visual-spatial processing, memory, thinking and communication skills. The communication and entertainment module helps in everyday communication, while advanced users can use “virtual keyboards to enter any content with their eyes and save it in the system memory. An extensive database.
The system automatically records the results of work with the patient. Automatic recording is performed during exercises, as well as diagnostic or therapeutic sessions. This can be copied to memory sticks, displayed as tables, used in comparisons and above all to keep track of the patients progress at a specific time. The version is designed for professionals who work with patients.
Depending on the license you choose, you can work with 30, 60, 90 or an unlimited number of patients using one device. An individual profile is created for each of them, the results of the work are recorded and, in addition, the system remembers the settings ascribed to a specific person.
C-Eye® PRO is designed for medical professionals who work with the following groups of patients:
- Patients who suffered any type of brain injury (cerebral-cranial traumas, stroke, brain hypoxia and others). These are, in particular, patients after coma who have not yet recovered full consciousness, as well as patients in a minimally conscious state or vegetative state.
- Patients suffering from various neurological disorders which affect communication with the environment, including patients with quadriplegia cerebral palsy.
- Patients who are immobilized, fully conscious, have difficulties in communicating, including patients with aphasia, or dysarthria.
- Patients suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Elderly patients who have difficulties in communicating.
- Children with developmental disorders.