The smallest thing does matter...
There are still some neonates who cannot be adequately ventilated with even the most sophisticated conventional ventilation. Indeed, using conventional ventilation with higher rates and airway pressures has often led to an increased incidence of volutrauma and lung tissue damage. High Frequency Oscillation (HFO) has been shown to overcome this problem whilst still allowing excellent gaseous exchange.A proven technique
Developed in cooperation with nurses and doctors, the SLE5000 uses a unique valveless system that gives both a manageable range of HFO parameters plus the ability to have active exhalation. Of course, the SLE5000 still has all of the conventional ventilation modes meaning that it can be used on virtually any baby in the NICU.User Interface
SLE has always worked hard to make our ventilators easier to use. Essential functions are never more than a couple of button pushes away. Our own research has shown that users find it much easier to use a ventilator if there are fewer sub-menus. By reducing the number of menus and sub-menus the SLE5000 is even easier to use when time is critical. The SLE5000 has a high resolution colour touch-screen that is your interface to all the ventilator controls and functions, but in addition allows you to access many new features including trends and dynamic loops.
The SLE5000 also features parameter presetting, meaning that you can choose a ventilation mode and set up all parameter values before accepting these and confirming the mode change.Features
- The ability to preset parameters in all modes of operation
- Powerful HFO with active expiration to cover a wide range of patients
- Full colour, total touch-screen operation
- Integral flow monitoring measuring lung mechanics and displaying of loops and waveforms
- Trending of measured parameters
- Standard patient circuit for all modes including HFO
- Unique, patented valveless technology
- Integral battery with up to 60 minutes operating capability
- Software based, allowing for upgrading to versions with new or improved functions
- Very quiet operation HFOV, yet with the performance to successfully provide HFO to both the smallest pre-terms and the largest infants.
- Same patient circuit is used for conventional and HFO ventilation, minimising risk of lung de-recruitment.
- Proximal Hot Wire flow sensor technology ensures sensitivity to even the tiniest of patient breathing efforts, and control of tidal volumes as small as 2ml.
- Volume targeting capability to limit and monitor delivered tidal volumes as part of the Lung Protective Strategy.
- Colour display of respiratory waveforms and key respiratory parameters, in addition to 24 hour trending data.
- Simple upgrade capability to keep up to date with latest software and modality enhancements.
- Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to train, easy to clean.