Your best choice for food allergen screening!
- 15 Minutes quick test
- Minimize Delays: “Real-Time” decision making
- Operate multiple tests simultaneously
- Coloured test strips differentiate test types
- Visual results
- Cost effective and time savings
- Identify and prevent food allergen contamination in your production process
- A must-have for food product quality control
- Sample through critical stages of the production process
- Affordability and simplicity of rapid test would enable regular implementation of testing / sampling
- Increased sampling would enhance confidence and protection of your products from unwanted food allergen contamination
- Instant implementation into your existing test system
In recent years, the impact of food allergens on health has been gaining importance and becoming a globally focused issue. According to investigations, 2% in adults and 5% in children across America has some form of food allergy. Every year, there are around 30,000 people admitted to hospital from food allergy related emergencies and it is estimated that every year, between 150 and 200 people die as a result. There is a trend indicating an increasing percentage of people suffering from food allergy over time.Food Allergen Labeling...
The European Union, United States and Japan has legislations in place requiring the labeling of food allergens present in food products. The main cause of food allergy is the protein in food products. Out of the top 8 food allergens (egg, milk, peanut, soy, wheat, tree nuts, fish and crustaceans) gluten/wheat and peanut are the two most harmful food allergens. HACCP
For food allergy sufferers, avoiding consumption of food containing food allergen is the only method in avoiding allergy. HACCP recognizes the importance of food allergen detection by incorporating them into guidelines for food producers to abide to. What is food allergy?
A food allergy in an adverse immune response to a food protein. Food allergy is distinct from other adverse responses to food, such as food intolerance, pharmacological reactions, and toxin mediated reactions.
Approximately 6 ~ 8% of children show symptoms of food allergies and 2% in adults. In recent years, environmental factors are contributing to the increase in food allergy sufferers.
Hidden food allergens where we would not expect:
- Gluten in instant coffee, licorice, drinking chocolate, white pepper.
- Casein in puddings, sausages, instant mashed potatoes
- Soy in protein, candy hamburger patties, salad dressings
- Egg whites used in the wine making process
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order or if you require more information.