Many SMEs which are highly regarded in the global medical device market are located in Tokyo, Japan. 10 companies participating in the COMPAMED Tokyo Pavilion this year each possess technologies that are both remarkable and unique in spite of their small business sizes. It is the great potential of these companies which led to their selection for the Tokyo Pavilion.
- Dr. Japan Co., Ltd. is a top-class manufacturer from Japan that possesses advanced processing technologies for special purpose medical needles, and has seen its technology adopted by a multitude of domestic and international manufacturers.
- Hikifune Co., Ltd. is a top-class company from Japan that has pioneered the way in fine plating technologies. The companys proprietary plating technology is able to transform a variety of materials such as glass fibers and ceramics into high performance materials, and has built up a strong track record in the telecommunications industry as an invaluable technology.
- Intercross Corporation is a top-class company from Japan, handling EEGs and analytical software. They offer an ultra-compact EEG device that can take measurements on the go, and data processing technology that can remove the majority of noise and make data analysis a simple task.
- Junkosha Inc. is a top-class company from Japan that has developed its own molding technologies for high polymers. The company has also developed a proprietary “peelable heat-shrink tube” which has been used by multiple medical institutions for catheters.
- Nikkin Flux Inc. is a top-class manufacturer from Japan that develops breath gas analysis devices. The company has developed a device capable of analyzing breath samples in just one minute, and has set its future sights on jointly developing devices and data analytics with manufacturers of breath gas data measurement/analysis devices, providers of data-based healthcare services, and so on. The companys precision cutting and precision parts processing technologies have been adopted by numerous manufacturers across the optical, aviation, and medical industries. In recent years, Nikkin Flux has also undertaken parts processing for F1 cars.
- Nova Electronics, Inc. is a top-class company from Japan offering motion control products. With its advanced and precise motion control technologies, it provides support to the medical industry in automating analytical instruments and medical devices.
- Numata Optical Instruments Factory Co., Ltd. is leading company from Tokyo that specializes in processing ultra-precise optical components. Numata is not only an ultra-precise optical components processor but also a suction device manufacturer.
- Tokushu Kinzoku Excel Co., Ltd. is a top-class company from Japan equipped with technologies and equipment capable of cold rolling the finest of metals, and enabling it to specialize in “ultrafine grained steel”. Its ultrafine grained steel technology allows a high level of simultaneous control over the sheet thickness and surface roughness of the metal.
- Tokyo Decal Industry Ltd. is a top-class company from Japan with a highly advanced printed electronics technology that can be applied to touch switches and other machine parts, helping customers to make their machines lighter and smaller.
- Watty Corporation is a top-class company from Japan that develops a diverse range of sensor switches, including water level sensors, float switches, and level sensors. Its abundance of technologies has enabled it to provide support to the medical industry for advanced motion control and automation in medical devices and analytical instruments.