hunova is an easy to use and intuitive medical device developed to bring the robotic rehabilitation into the daily practice of the Clinician. hunova is designed to provide accurate and repeatable rehabilitation in conjunction with the objective measurement of lower limbs, trunks and vestibular system. hunova is a powerful tool that in the hands of the Clinician combines seamlessly two main components: Rehabilitation and Evaluation that continuously interact with each other.
hunova introduces in the rehabilitation field a unique combination of robotic and sensorized seat and platform. hunova is the new hub in the rehabilitation process that integrates the functionalities of many different system in one device. No need to move the patient between different devices because all the different exercises can be performed on hunova.
hunova constantly measures the forces exchanged with the seat and platform in addition to the trunk position and acceleration thanks to the wearable sensor placed on the subject trunk. Data is recorded and available with reports for the clinicians.
hunova recreates different rehabilitations modalities:
- active: the seat and the platform interact with the subject and respond to his motion, simulating different dynamics, such as elastic or fluid dynamic resistances. This modality allows the execution of strengthening, equilibrium and proprioceptive exercises. Clinicians and the Physiotherapists can tailor the exercise on the patients needs modulating the difficulty level. The resistance level, amplitude of seat and platform movement can be completely customized;
- passive: the robotic seat and platform passively move the subject with continuous or impulsive movement. This kind of control can be used to execute articular mobilization, balance perturbation and movement re-education. Clinicians and Physiotherapists can select the type of trajectory provided by the platforms, its speed and amplitude;
- assistive: the subject performs actively the movement and hunova intervenes only when the patient cannot complete the task providing assistive support when needed.
The touchscreen and the user interface designed by Clinicians for Clinicians make the direct interaction simple and intuitive., All the exercises and protocols are managed in an intuitive and efficient way. Patients execute dual tasks exercises where they need to maintain balance on an unstable seat and/or platform as they draw on the touchscreen. Biofeedback and gaming keep the subjects involved and motivated during the rehabilitation procedure and allows the participants to achieve better results.
Body Segments and Application Areas
hunova allows to treat multiple body districts using different exercises configurations such as patient in a sitting position and in a monopodalic or bipodalic standing position:
- Ankle: hunova provides physiotherapists with more than 150 exercises designed for the whole rehabilitation process (from passive mobilization to strengthening exercises);
- Knee: hunova covers all closed kinetic chain exercises in both partial and total load;
- Hip: hunova gives the physiotherapists exercises focused on strengthening, functional, and proprioceptive subjects re-education;
- Trunk: hunova works on the subject posture and muscular strengthening.
- Vestibular System: hunova challenges and exercises balance working with impulsive perturbation and unstable surfaces.
hunova is a multifunctional rehabilitation device that covers: OrthopaedicNeurologicalGeriatricSport
Exercises: hunova offers more than one hundred exercises both in a sitting and orthostatic position organised in protocols.
Some examples with dynamic or static feet support surface: core stability training combination of active and passive training passive mobilization of pelvis proprioceptive training static and dynamic balance training and evaluation strengthening exercises against elastic and fluid dynamic resistance ankle isotonic, isometric and isokinetic exercises.
Movendo Technology innovates, using the most advanced robotic technologies available, to create solutions for rehabilitation that are effective, clinically relevant, and easy to use. Movendo Technology brings the robotics into the Clinics to revolutionize the rehabilitation paradigm.
Movendo Technology manufactures its devices in Italy, bringing the design and aesthetics values that are distinct elements of our country. We use functional design to provide solutions for the clinicians and patients all over the world.