Percutaneous Nephrostomy (PCN) Catheters are used for a temporary diversion associated with urinary obstruction secondary to calculi.
Other common indications include:
- Diversion of urine from renal collecting system when healing fistulas or leaks resulting from traumatic or iatrogenic injury, malignant or inflammatory fistulas, or hemorrhagic cystitis,
- Treatment of nondilated obstructive uropathy,
- Treatment of complications related to renal transplants,
- Access for interventions such as direct infusion when dissolving stones, chemotherapy and antibiotic or antifungal therapy,
- Decompression of nephric or perinepheric fluid collections (e.g. urinomas, abscesses).
MEDpros PCN Catheters are made of polyurethane and are coloured blue.
They are supplied in sterile peel-open packages and are intended for one-time use only.