Once applied by plasma spray, titanium powder becomes a coating with multiple properties for orthopedic applications such as mechanical, porosity and corrosion resistance.
Within weeks, a bone grip will develop on the titanium coating porosities
Pure and allied titanium powders
Pure titanium powder
CPTi has several advantages with variable quantities of dissolved oxygen and iron.
Its mechanical resistance increases with the oxygen content and can vary dramatically based on the different transformation processes.
Titanium powder can also be allied, TA6V with 6% of aluminum and 4% of vanadium.
The advantage of allied titanium
is a net improvement of fatigue limits, up to 50%.
Our titanium powders
are manufactured according to your specifications such as shape, composition and particle size.
Manufacturing of titanium powders are:
- Extraction of titanium ore,
- Purification by hydrogen,
- Vacuum grinding (angular shape) or atomization (spherical),
- Sieving validated by IQ, OQ, PQ to get the right particle size.
- Chemical analysis by ICP/AES opticale mission spectrometry to confirm the powder purity level (ASTM 1580-12).
- Particle size analysis by sieving (ASTM B214) to measure the particle size distribution.
- Double packaging (vacuum pouch and container), meeting shipping and labeling standards (67/548/CEE).