Back braces are critical to limiting spine motion and damaging forces to the post surgical or post acute injury spine. Fit and comfort are important to be clinically effective while promoting patient compliance. Custom back braces are certainly a common option; but the associated costs and fabrication-to-shipping lead times can be prohibitive.
DeRoyal presents new and innovative technology that changes the foundation of spinal bracing with the Maxalign®+ Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis (TLSO) spine brace incorporating Noble Hinge technology. The Noble Hinge allows for complete flexibility in adjusting, setting, and fixating the sternal (front) and posterior (back) panels. The screws of the Noble Hinge are loosened giving full flexibility of the panels. When tightened, the hinge becomes rigid, locking the panels into the desired positions for a secure foundation of spine support. This translates into a prefabricated back brace that can be stocked as an "off-the-shelf" product, yet is fully customizable to a wide range of patient anatomies.
Maxalign is the first and only spine brace that allows the clinician to fit the brace and adjust the curvature while on the patient. Heat guns, bending irons, or CAD models are not needed. The Noble Hinge allows for a patient specific fit in less time; in fact, the same day. It also provides the ability to make progressive changes as the patients' needs change.
The Maxalign brace also provides the following benefits:
• Design is significantly lighter in weight compared to other offerings, increasing patient comfort and compliance.
• Laminate material is lightweight, provides a soft inner liner, and can be customized to achieve an intimate fit.
• Four panel design helps control pelvic rotation and lumbar flexion - the most destructive motions in the lower spine.
• Lateral supports help control lateral bending and axial rotation.
• Open chest design helps to improve cardiopulmonary function.
• Posterior opening allows for post-surgical spine relief.
Maxalign TLSO is indicated to address the needs of most T6-L5 pathologies, including post-operative thoracic/lumbar fusion, laminectomy or discectomy, compression fractures, degenerative disc disease, osteoporosis, and Facet Syndrome.
Every patient has a unique shape and situation. The Noble Hinge technology gives the clinician a prefabricated brace made specifically for them, on the spot.
Contact us for more information.