Siemens Medical Solutions introduced its new Acuson Antares ultrasound system, premium edition, at the XVII European Congress of Medicine and Biology and 29th Dreiländertreffen 2005 taking place in Geneva Switzerland from September 25th to 28th 2005.
Joining the successful Siemens Acuson brand, the new Antares system is a complete ultrasound system providing highly upgradeable and comprehensive clinical capabilities, research functions, enhanced workflow efficiencies, and user-friendly ergonomics.
The introduction of the Acuson Antares system family creates a common brand for our high-end ultrasound systems, offering an even higher level of diagnostic confidence. It presents all the elements of a complete premium-performance solution, from acquisition to archive, from 2D through 4D, providing integrated tools for busy and diverse clinical practices and research institutions.
The Acuson Antares, premium edition system builds upon the advanced workflow and diagnostic capabilities of the Antares system technology by offering an array of additional innovative features, including:
- Cadence contrast pulse sequencing (CPS) technology, Siemens unique contrast imaging technology migrated from the Acuson Sequoia ultrasound system. CPS technology effectively separates the display of contrast agent signals from tissue signals. This results in additional diagnostic information and greatly improved sensitivity and specificity in lesion detection and characterization, for both low and high mechanical index contrast agent imaging.
- Complete higher quality fourSight 4D ultrasound imaging technology, addressing increasing clinical needs for 3D/4D imaging throughout the entire pregnancy including first trimester studies. The new EV9F4 endovaginal transducer with its 173 degree field-of-view expands the clinical utility of uterine 3D/4D examinations providing additional diagnostic information not available with standard 2D exams. It may also reduce gynecological ultrasound exam time up to 30 percent. Therefore, physicians can make more precise diagnosis and spend more time on further patient care. fourSight ViewTool* provides offline 3D/4D volume manipulation and other diagnostic tools, such as measurement of 2D data for clinical diagnosis and research.
- A full suite of Hanafy Lens and Multi-D array transducers, offering to the premium performance market the superior 2D and color Doppler image quality expected from the Siemens Acuson ultrasound system family.
- 2D and Spectral TEQ ultrasound technology that automatically optimizes both 2D and spectral Doppler images with a touch of a single button, greatly improving ease of scanning, workflow, and diagnostic confidence by providing consistent image quality.
- Clarify vascular enhancement technology that advances workflow and increases diagnostic confidence by automatically reducing noise and artifacts along with clearer wall definition, providing improved tissue boundary detection and contrast as well as excellent spatial resolution.
- Extend imaging technology to increase diagnostic confidence by providing additional 2D, tissue harmonic imaging and color Doppler information for technically difficult-to-image patients.
“These new technology innovations are the proof of Siemens Ultrasound’s commitment to helping the healthcare community meet its daily diagnostic challenges, therefore improving patient care and outcomes,” said Klaus Hambuechen, head of the Ultrasound Division, Siemens Medical Solutions. “Siemens Acuson ultrasound systems are synonymous with state-of-the-art technology, upgradeability, superior image quality – especially with technically difficult-to-image patients – and advanced and efficient workflow.”
* The fourSight ViewTool requires 510(K) review and is not yet commercially available.
Siemens Medical Solutions
is one of the world’s largest suppliers to the healthcare industry. The company is known for bringing together innovative medical technologies, healthcare information systems, management consulting, and support services, to help customers achieve tangible, sustainable, clinical and financial outcomes. From imaging systems for diagnosis, to therapy equipment for treatment, to patient monitors to hearing instruments and beyond, Siemens innovations contribute to the health and well-being of people across the globe, while improving operational efficiencies and optimizing workflow in hospitals, clinics, home health agencies, and doctors' offices. Employing approximately 31,000 people worldwide and operating in more than 120 countries, Siemens Medical Solutions reported sales of 7.07 billion EUR, orders of 8.12 billion EUR and group profit of 1.05 billion EUR for fiscal 2004. Further information can be found under: www.siemens.com/medical