Chroma Provides Never-Before-Seen Features and Productivity Enhancing Tools
Cleveland, OH; October 19, 2009 – The ScottCare Corporation, a Cleveland-based leader in non-invasive cardiology products, is pleased to announce Chroma, the industry’s first full color Holter monitor that more effectively addresses the needs of both the patient and the clinician.
“It’s no exaggeration to say that this product changes the face of Holter monitoring,” said Ken Zajaczkowski, General Manager of ScottCare. “We took a fresh look at the functionality that clinicians wanted from a recorder, and developed a device that improves their productivity, while ensuring maximum patient comfort.”
This device offers a number of “firsts” that drive enhanced performance, including:
• The OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) display features bold colors and a backlit screen, making it easier for clinicians and patients to work the device
• Audible and visual patient lead disconnect alarms and medication/activity reminders to promote patient compliance and ensure a complete and accurate recording
• Fully-customizable recorder interface and controllability from any computer, enabling greater flexibility
• Superior ECG baseline correction, ensuring the cleanest, most accurate data
• Advanced pacer detection with adjustable sensitivity to accommodate the latest pacemaker technology
• Sample rates of 128, 256, 512, and 1024 with 8,10 and 12 bit resolution
• Records up to 21 days of continuous, 3-channel ECG data for deeper insight into elusive ECG data
Designed with both the Clinician and the Patient in Mind
Ensuring proper hookup, the device also features “smart cable detection”, with a customizable color display of the appropriate placement of either five or seven leads. Further, automatic recorder set-up allows you to download patient demographic data, through an HL7 interface, from your information system directly into the recorder.
Promoting patient compliance, the user friendly, color-coded digital diary eliminates paper diary transcription.
The Chroma recorder and configurator work seamlessly with ScottCare’s powerful HolterCare software analysis system.
Chroma received 510(k) clearance in the United States and its CE mark in Europe.
About The ScottCare Corporation
The ScottCare Corporation is a leader in non-invasive cardiology diagnosis, therapy and monitoring. Since 1989, ScottCare has manufactured quality medical devices serving cardiopulmonary professionals. By cost-effectively applying state-of-the-art technology, the company offers the most versatile and powerful systems on the market in addition to providing industry-recognized levels of service to support client’s evolving needs. Based in Cleveland, Ohio, ScottCare is a division of the Scott Fetzer Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. of Omaha, Nebraska. Visit ScottCare on the web at: www.scottcare.com.
CONTACT: Jenny Rice
Marketing Communications Manager
Phone: 216-362-0550, ext. 117; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org