On many pain and trauma patients, the treatment with bioelectrical stimulation can achieve superior results than conventional therapies. The algonix system for pain and rehabilitation therapy, developed by medilab, analyses the bioelectrical condition of the treated tissue areas and by means of a biocybernetic process conducts a pain and trauma therapy. Detection and stimulation are carried out non-invasive and pain free.
“Deep behind the objects, something must be concealed”, said Albert Einstein when he played with the compass, given to him by his father. The occurrence of pain is not a linear-causal model as it was assumed in the past centuries, but a complex, multifactorial and bidirectional event. The impulse information is changed and modulated several times from the receptor to the brain. Pain is created through the dysbalance between pain enhancing and pain inhibition mechanisms of the body. The mechanisms are regulated locally through tissue mediators, which in turn are controlled and regulated through systemic control mechanisms. Complex, living organisms consist of an information network in which all cells are interconnected. Each cell adapts its own activity to the activity of all other cells in order to create a functioning whole.
To maintain the basic function of the organism and the exchange of information, ions are needed. These ions (electrically charged particles) can migrate to the oppositely charged membrane side in case of potential dysbalance. The driving force can be an electrical potential difference.
An optimum pain therapy ideally works on a cellular level, as well as through the information network (amongst other things through the regulation of the autonomous nervous system). In order to address the cause of pain on a cellular level, biostimulation or bioelectrotherapy can be used. Through the additionally created ion exchange on the cell membranes the organism receives a stimulus to self-regulate. For example, through depolarization (discharge) and repolarization (charge) muscles are contracted and relaxed and information about neurons is transmitted. This positive therapeutic effect was demonstrated in a study 1982 by Cheng et al.
Such a pain therapy also works through cybernetic principles, thus through using the existent powers and resources of the organism to treat the causes and not through blocking causes. Through the effect onto the cell and the cellular communication network, the therapeutic approach reaches not only pathologically modified areas, but also superordinate regulating units, and with that, the whole system.
This double basic approach increases the effectivity of this method.
In order to achieve this medical benefit, microstreams of different intensity and frequency are applied with algonix by medilab onto the complete pain area or onto specified points (acupuncture-, trigger, and tender points). The treatment is completely painless, uncomplicated and short. For the daily practice it is also important that the application lasts on average about 10-20 minutes, that it is delegable and can be combined with other treatments.
Mechanisms of action of algonix by medilab:
- Analgesia: regulation of the body's own tissue mediators, amongst other things an increase of endorphin release, reduction of substance P and other pain mediators, interruption of the pain memory through systemic and biocybernetic effects, decrease of activity of trigger- and tender points, muscle relaxation
- Local hyperaemisation up to 5 times of the perfusion, increase of the lymph drainage, improved supply with nutritional substances and removal of by-products through the increase of microcirculation ( quick elimination of harmful substances and the supply of nutrients), quick haematoma resorption
- Antiphlogistic: for example through improved phagocytosis
- Stimulation of the ATP production
- Repolarization of nerves, regulation of the autonomous nervous system through stimulation of centripetal nerves (sensual nerves)
- Enhanced muscle formation (muscle strength) and prevention or deceleration respectively of tissue atrophy through improved absorption of amino acids and other nutritional substances and therefore an increase of the protein synthesis
More information: medilab GmbH&Co, Tel. +49 (0) 93 05 / 90 83-0, email@example.com, www.medilab.org. At Medica: hall 9, booth E 26.