Bedside EEG CCFM device (COLOR CEREBRAL FUNCTION MONITOR)for cerebral function monitoring in the intensive care units
EEG DigiTrack CCFM device enables a continuous monitoring of EEG from the left and the right hemisphere and evaluation of the state of the brain during events such as desaturation, bradycardia, tachycardia, convulsions, arousal and other.
EEG DigiTrack CCFM enables EEG monitoring during the treatment of convulsions, metabolic disorders, respiratory disorders and other disorders that occurs during the intensive therapy of newborn and adult patients.
Functions of EEG CCFM device
- 2 or 4 channel monitoring (trend) of electrical activity of cerebral cortex.
- The possibility of analyzing of any selected fragment of EEG waves from left or right hemisphere, as well as defining the wave frequency, the dominant wave and the waves voltage in the selected waveband.
- Marking and analysis of medical events using the unique function of automatic marking and analysis of the EEG according to recorded voltage (Normal, EpiLa, Burst-Suppresion, Depression).
- The possibility of SpO2 and HR monitoring (optional).
- The possibility of video-monitoring synchronized with EEG (optional)
- The possibility of system configuration individually by the User, as well as the parameters changing
Advantages of EEG CCFM monitoring
- Reduction of early and late neurological complications of the intensive therapy (amount and intensity)
- Reduction of the hospitalization time and costs.
- The improvement of the survival rate of premature babies with low birth weight and very low birth weight
- The improvement of the quality of life of newborns in intensive care units
- The possibility of monitoring the results of therapy of convulsions
- The treatment optimalization in the intensive care units
4-channel device is more advanced version of the CCFM monitor in the EEG DigiTrack family.
The 4-channel headbox enables more precise monitoring from 4 electrodes positioned on the head.
Connecting of the 4-channel device is as easy as in 2-channel version. One electrode should be firmly secured
with the appropriate gel on the right and one on the left side of the central area. The reference electrode
should be positioned over the frontal area. The fact that device shows the current impedance
of the electrodes, enables to obtain the correct EEG recording. It is possible to monitor on the screen the EEG
process as well as the recording of EEG trend in long time interval. The recording can be displayed
separately for each hemisphere, for each electrode or as the averaged recording from all channels.
The device has the unique function of marking with colours such clinical events as burst-suppression, epileptic
like activity, depression or normal recording. Another innovation is the possibility of synchronizing video-monitoring
and presentation of the results using three dimensional mapping or time potential mapping (additional