The WEEE 2002/96/EC Directive was recently mandated and requires manufacturers to implement measures to reduce and prevent electrical and electronic waste, including: registering as producers, marking electronic products, arranging for collection and recycling of materials, providing dismantling instructions, and more. On 13 August 2005 Manufacturers will become financially responsible for compliance with this Directive.
Obelis O.E.A.R.C. has over 17 years of experience offering superior regulatory compliance consulting to manufactures of medical devices worldwide. Regarding the WEEE 2002/96/EC Directive, we provide the following services:
- We examine the country regulations and European directives to identify the environmental requirements for your products per product, per country.
- Upon request, we can keep you updated on member-state requirements of all EU countries you export to and notify you of any regulatory changes that might affect your products.
- We identify the necessary marking and labeling requirements for your products according to the European environmental directives.
- We investigate the recovery and treatment requirements of individual European member-states for WEEE and present you with different options for the recovery of your products.
- We provide instruction on what to include in your records on the mass of WEEE components, materials, and substances according to WEEE 2002/96/EC Art. 10, 11.
- We explain how to complete the process of producer registration required by the Directive.
To learn more about the EU Environmental Directives and the services we provide, please contact us.
Please visit Obelis, s.a. at MEDICA 2005 in Hall #13, Booth #A14.
Obelis, s.a. O.E.A.R.C.
34 Avenue de Tervuren, Bte 44
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
Telephone : +(32) 2 732-5954
Fax : + (32) 2 732-6003
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org