The nylon-based trigger handle and the metal jaw were developed using the most advanced materials, techniques and expertise available. The shaft and inner rod - made from stainless steel - actuate the jaw ensuring no movement or flex occurs, enabling a sharp and clean cut.
With over 1.5 million cervical biopsies conducted in Europe every year, this product has the potential to revolutionise the procedure.
Medica is expected to attract over 130,000 visitors across the four days, with DTR Medical joining exhibitors from more than 70 countries.
Andrew Davidson, Managing Director of DTR Medical Ltd, said: “As the largest healthcare exhibition in the world, Medica is the perfect platform for us to launch our Cervical Biopsy Punch with Rotation
“With the sheer volume of cervical biopsies taken every year, this device has huge potential. The combination of its cross-contamination eliminating properties, precision cutting and highly competitive pricing means we are expecting significant interest from healthcare markets from across the globe.”
DTR Medical will also exhibit other new product ranges including its groundbreaking Formula One inspired Tympanoplasty Moulds for ear drum damage.
The moulds, which have attracted media attention across the world, are made by using a design technique, similar to that which is used to create aerodynamic parts for racing cars. The technique creates the perfect mould for an eardrum using a graft of flesh taken from behind the ear.
DTR Medical, which is based in Swansea, Wales, is aiming to use Medica to improve export links by meeting with new and existing distributors. The company is primarily focusing on European markets, as well as the growing healthcare market in Brazil.
Additionally, the company is looking to gain feedback and discuss marketing support whilst also looking for additional product opportunities.
DTR Medical will be exhibiting in Hall 16 on Stand F30.
If you would like to arrange an interview with DTR Medical before or during Medica, please contact:
Martin Webb, Senior PR Officer at Medilink Yorkshire and Humber:
Tel: 0114 232 9281
Notes to editors
• DTR branded sterile single-use disposable surgical instruments which are manufactured in its own cleanrooms for sale direct to hospitals and distributors in the UK and Internationally.
• Contract manufacturing for medical and pharmaceutical customers in UK and Europe, involving assembly, filling, packing and sterilising products in DTR’s own cleanrooms.
• UK Distribution for two US based principals; Micromedics ENT products and Medgyn Gynaecological lines
• DTR Medical’s range of specialities includes Ear Nose and Throat, Gynaecology, Vascular, Orthopaedic and Neurology.
• Keen to innovate, reduce its carbon footprint and encourage the use of single-use surgical instruments, DTR Medical has used computer aided design (CAD) and advanced moulding techniques to reproduce products previously sourced from Asia.
• Visit http://www.dtrmedical.com/ for more information on the company