You are here: MEDICA Portal. Our Topics in 2007. Blood.
Special: Laboratory Medicine
It just takes a little pain - the doctor often does not need more than a drop of blood for the lab. However, an illness can also be detected with other kinds of procedures.
Up-to-date news about diagnostics can be seen in MEDICA.de's Special Laboratory Medicine.
Young women at risk of having a pulmonary embolism should first undergo a ventilation/perfusion lung scan (V/Q scan) rather than a CT angiogram, conclude researchers.
- Pulmonary Embolism: Nuclear Medicine Can Be First Choice
Researchers have developed microchip capable of quickly identifying dangerous and drug resistant bacteria in clinical samples.
- Quick: Microchip Test for Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria
Three inflammatory cytokines seem to be early biological markers of Type 2 diabetes. They may be used to predict future incidences of this diabetes among apparently healthy people.
- Markers: Predicting Diabetes in Still-Healthy People
New articles (currently added):
- Cell Cultures: A New Dimension for the Petri Dish
- Kidney: Antibodies Linked to Transplant Rejection