Basingstoke – 9th June 2016: Sony today announced it is enhancing its line up of surgical monitors with the launch of two new Full HD LCD medical monitors, the LMD-2735MD and LMD-2435MD. Both monitors, which are designed to meet the increasing demand for Full HD in the medical market, provide 2D colour video display of images from a surgical endoscope, laparoscopic camera systems and other compatible medical imaging systems. Their compact and user-friendly designs are ideal for modern medical environments including operating rooms, surgical centres, clinics and doctors offices.
The new models join Sony’s existing range of latest generation HD medical monitors, the LMD-2765MD and LMD-2760MD. The popular modern and compact design of these medical monitors has been kept, with 24-inch and 27-inch screen sizes to meet common space constraints at medical institutions. Extra considerations have also been given to improve the user’s experience, including a sleek flat display and full-screen protection allowing for easy cleaning and disinfection.
High picture quality, user-friendly features, Sony quality and reliability
Sony has kept in mind the wide variety of needs facing staff in various medical environments, and has addressed these in the design of the new medical monitors, including:
• Greater picture quality: Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) to support detailed viewing of endoscopic surgery and highly magnified images that are often required during microscopic surgery. Enhanced image reproduction is assisted by the monitors’ high contrast, fast response time and wide colour range, including the new colour temperature setting options of D56 in addition to D65 and D93.
• Variety of medical uses: Both monitors’ connector panels, recessed to avoid dust and dirt, have one input terminal per Composite video, S Video, Analog RGB/Component, HD (SD)-SDI, and DVI-D. Medical staff can easily loop image sources to other devices such as recorders or secondary monitors within hospital operating rooms as the DVI-D terminal is equipped with a thru/out function and the external control terminals (RS-232C and Ethernet) easily integrate with existing systems. In addition to this the rear connectors are vertical, which will allow for easier installation and access to cabling.
• Modern and compact design: Despite the large display sizes, the monitors’ modern designs are very compact, with both models having a depth of just 78mm. The ergonomic design also enables users to easily adjust the monitor position, to suit the task at hand.
• Mechanical design suitable for use in medical environments: Each monitor’s fan-less design enables silent operation and reduced air circulation, making the monitor easier to clean. In addition to the standard AC power supply, DC supply is available when using the optional AC adapter, AC-120MD. The flush front surface design is resistant to dirt accumulation and easy to wipe, aiding in a hygienic medical environment.
• User friendly and rich display functions: A guided User Interface control panel is located in the lower front panel of the monitor, which uses backlit buttons to guide the operator to the next available option. A variety of display modes useful for different medical applications, such as Rotated and Mirror Images and Picture-in-Picture, can be selected.
The LMD-2735MD and LMD-2435MD are available from June 2016.
Exhibitor Data Sheet