EVEXAR Medical, which designs, develops, manufactures and distributes, premium, single use, self‐- illuminated medical devices, announces the launch of its Lux Range:
• PROCTOLUX, a Proctoscope which comes in two sizes, 19mm and 25mm for diagnosis and treatment in the anal cavity and rectum. The smaller diameter Proctoscope is used mainly for examination purposes with the larger being used for treatments such as haemorrhoid ligation or injection. The PROCTOLUX has a revolutionary designed and patented ‘CLEAR VIEW System’ which protects the light guide to give a clear and unobstructed view of the examination area.
• SPECULUX, Vaginal Specula which comprise 12 products. They come in three sizes, either using a screw closure or a ratchet closure mechanism. They are also available with a smoke tube which extracts smoke and aerosols produced when using diathermy.
• SIGMOLUX, a Sigmoidoscope for the examination and treatment of the bowel. It is supplied fully assembled complete with an insufflator for inflating the bowel and a lens which provides a clear view. SIGMOLUX uses the revolutionary designed and patented ‘CLEAR VIEW System’ which protects the light guide to give a clear and unobstructed view of the examination area.
Uniquely, the entire EVEXAR range delivers light directly to the point of interest, maximising its effectiveness and convenience for medical practitioners.
Features and Benefits
• Total clinical freedom – patients can be examined at any suitable location
• Self-‐contained – no cables, wires or mains power required
• Constant intense light for at least 30 minutes -‐ directed to the end of the scope where it is most needed
• Reliably robust and ergonomic
• Saves time – no servicing or repair of equipment
• Reduces costs – no cleaning of cables or accessories
• Simple disposal – straight into clinical waste
• Single use – risk of cross infection eliminated
• Environment – batteries contain no Lead, Mercury, Cadmium or Lithium
EVEXAR Medical was formed in 2006 to address the urgent need for disposable instruments originated to address specific needs rather than a device adapted from its original use. It is a spin‐-¬out from University College London which was ranked fourth in the world’s top 10 universities by the QS World Rankings in 2012.
Karen Cheetham, Chief Executive, EVEXAR said:
“Our products were developed in close consultation with expert physicians. We now enter the sales and marketing phase of EVEXAR’s development. Without a doubt, EVEXAR has the best, fully‐- disposable, self-‐illuminated medical devices.”
Karen Cheetham, Chief Executive Tel: 020 7679 9800
Graham Lay, Chief Operating Officer Tel: 020 7679 9800